Everybody Evangelizes About Something – #4
The three videos Matthew spoke about:
1) What Hurts Your Soul? – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlImo…
2) (How to) Stop Sabotaging Yourself and Take Control of Your Life – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOD8T…
3) 5 Ways to Increase Your Enthusiasm – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2Su2…
Everybody Evangelizes About Something – #3
The three videos Matthew spoke about:
1) Never Forget These Six Truths – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aprQ4…
2) Struggling With the SAME Problems? Break Your Patterns of Defeat! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLL8V…
3) 7 Ways To Move From Being Selfish to Selfless – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzgb9…
Everybody Evangelizes About Something – #2
The three videos that Matthew talked about:
1) 3 Great C.S. Lewis Quotes – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiWkN…
2) How to Make Peace with Your imperfections – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Nq0…
3) Stop Abandoning Your Truest Self! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHNXa…
A Glimpse Beyond Death…
The Uncomfortable Truth About Heaven, Hell…and Neighbors – Feed Your Soul: Gospel Reflections
THIS WEEK’S GOSPEL IS LUKE 16:19-31
Today’s Gospel is meant to send a shiver down your spine. If it doesn’t, you’ve missed the point.
Watch Matthew’s reflection and discover how you can embrace one of Jesus’ most uncomfortable lessons and live a life of powerful goodness.
You will be pushed beyond your comfort zone, but you’ll never regret it.
“All great change begins with imagination, all transformation begins with a vision.
Take time each day to visualize the person you are capable of becoming. If you cannot visualize the better person you wish to become, you cannot become that better person. The more specific your visualization, the faster and more effectively you will be transformed into that better version of yourself. Visualize particular ways of acting in certain situations. Imagine a situation with a particular person where you are normally impatient. Visualize the perfect way to respond to that person, over and over again in the empty moments of the day, and before too long you will begin to respond in the way you have imagined.
All great change is first an idea in our minds. The first expression of every great achievement in history has been in the wonder of the imagination. Visualize the changes you wish to achieve.
If you do not, you will not.”
“We live in a culture where truth has been devalued. Personal preference and opinion have been elevated above truth and objective reality. Beyond that, small instances of dishonesty have a tendency to lead to larger deceit… and if we are not mindful, it is easy to find ourselves being dishonest with ourselves, dishonest with others, and dishonest about others.
Gossip is often at the core of our daily dishonesty. Willingly or unwillingly, consciously or unconsciously, when we talk about others, we are often participating in a spiraling episode of dishonesty. Why do we do it? Not usually out of any malicious intent. More often than not, it’s because we simply don’t have the emotional energy to fight the battle or walk away, because we want to fit in and feel accepted, or because we don’t want to get on the wrong side of certain people. But all of this brings us to wonder how honest we are. So, let us ask ourselves three questions today:
Am I honest with myself?
Am I honest with others?
Am I honest about others?
If the truth will set us free. Everything other than the truth will slowly but surely enslave us. Be mindful and take note of how honest you are with yourself and others today.”
“If you’re feeling overwhelmed, you’re not alone. It is one of the most common emotions in our society. Here are seven ways to get beyond overwhelmed!
1. Take a walk. Exercise clears our minds. It literally helps our minds rearrange thoughts and ideas in our minds, relieves stress, and releases happy hormones in our bodies.
2. Talk to someone. Just telling someone what we are experiencing can change everything. Even leaving a voicemail saying, “Hey, Just wanted to chat, feeling so overwhelmed today!” can be liberating.
3. Do. Delete. Delegate. Divide your to-do-list into these three categories. Divide and conquer. This will help you focus on what’s essential.
4. Tidy your space. Organizing your work or living space has a way of reorganizing our thoughts and feelings too.
5. Ask for help. It’s a sign of strength and genius, not a sign of weakness.
6. Cancel everything that is non-essential on your schedule for a day or two, or a week if that is what is required
7. Do something. Start doing something, don’t allow feeling overwhelmed to paralyze you. Inaction will only take you deeper into the overwhelmed state. Pick one thing on your to-do list and do it. It’s amazing how taking purposeful action can shift the momentum of your day.
We all get overwhelmed from time to time. This isn’t the last time it’s going to happen to you, but it is time to develop a strategy to deal with it.
In Part Two of this Series we will discuss 10 Things We Forget When We Feel Overwhelmed.”